Saturday, March 29, 2008

What to do?



This is kind of neat to watch as it shows what happens when your package of bees arrives....how to get them into the hive and how to settle your Queen...

Anyway...I thought some of you might be interested to see what happens and what is involved....

Lloyd is still keen for me to get my hive this year but I'm not sure.....I think he may call them on Tuesday to see if we still have time to order them this year......I guess I really should get my act together and go chat up my neighbours - I have to notify all neighbours whose land touches mine and let them know Im going to be keeping a hive......I'm sure they won't mind unless they have a bee allergy in the family.....I know Mary is an avid gardener so perhaps she will be thrilled to have bees to help her plants....everyone else though I'm not so sure. I plan to print out some facts on bees to let them now what bees are really like - so many people get them confused with wasps.....I need to get a permit from the county too and need to register with Alberta but that can be done with the people we're ordering from so thats easy.....apart from that we just order......

Hhhmmmmm what to do...what to do??????

No comments: