Saturday, May 10, 2008
One of my Queens in her cage.
This is my Queen from my 'Flora' hive. We installed this hive first tonight. Both Queens were alive and doing well and we uncorked them and popped a marshmallow in to allow them time to get to know the worker bees before they are released into the hive. I will check they are released in a few days.
Installing the packages went really well :)
I videoed it and Chris is sorting out the editing and I
will upload that as soon as I can - I didn't want to just do a minute long video so we are uploading to youtube and then will add that to my blog :)
The bees kept getting in my hair so I had to wear a hat lol! But I am so proud of myself because I didn't wear gloves or veil or anything - just a hat to keep my hair from catching the poor little bees!
Posted by Jane at 6:54 p.m.