Sunday, May 11, 2008

Putting the bees in the hive :)



Ok everyone I've had enough jokes about 'the man in the yellow hat' from Curious George...and 'Jane in the jungle' etc etc....I know I look dorky in the hat and stupid outfit hahahaha - the hat is the beehat that goes under a veil and I am not a hat wearing kinda gal but the bees were getting stuck in my hair so I tied my hair back and stuck the hat on. And I'm wearing light colours because bees don't mind them and are less likely to sting you...and I am not bothering to buy a beesuit so when I am going into the hive I will wear these light jeans and the light jacket (I don't wear these light colours normally because I don't like wearing light colours lol as you can see they don't do much for me lol hahahahaha) All I can say is I look better in this stupid outfit than I would in a beesuit and hat and veil and gloves all kitted out!

Oh and yep I sound dorky and the commentary is crappy and and I hate the way I sound on camera and I could go on and on about how I hate seeing me on camera lol but I do want you to see the movie so here you go!

Thank you to my movie maker Son Chris who filmed the whole thing yesterday and then spent last night editing all the little clips into one movie for me and adding it to youtube for me this morning :)

11 comments:

Char said...

Chris did an amazing job on the video. I love the background noise of the frogs and then the bees buzzing.

I literally had a little shriek when I saw how many bees came out of the tube, but it is just fascinating.

Can I share the video?

Jane said...

lol of course :)

D said...

Very VERY cool Jane. Maybe you will inspire others to start a hive.

Cori said...

How neat, that's a great video!! Shelby was awed by the video, she was really interested! And Lloyd is so brave, wearing dark colours, lol :)

So now that the second hive is filled, you can't really paint it, can you? Does it get a name, too?

7jays said...

I love how it was such a family affair!

Jane said...

Cori, I really wasn't expecting to get a second package so didn't paint up a second hive ready, but the supers (boxes) can be interchanged - so I can just paint up another of my boxes and then put their frames into that if I want to in the future when I do an inspection.....we'll see......

Brandy said...

Jane, that is so neat... great job!!! I love how Abby was right in there... tough girl!

Unknown said...

We all really enjoyed watching this!!! Even Brian watched and was amazed! It also helped Leah understand that they do not want to sting.

Leah and her friend were wondering why you were spraying the bees with a mist.

7jays said...

My dad thoroughly enjoyed watching this. he thought it was fascinating!

Jane said...

I'm so glad you all enjoyed watching - it was such an amazing thing to experience - we are really enjoying having the bees here - they are so incredible to be around - and the children are enthralled!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That was amazing! :)